Tuesday, June 3, 2014

En Plein Air: Beautiful Doorway (oil 12 x 9)

As I promised myself, I went this morning to paint the decorative doorway of an apartment building on Austin Street because it looked especially beautiful in the sun. A couple of times I passed by the building and was amazed at the artistic consideration by the architect of the old building. I had to stand in the sun to paint and it was a little hot today. A lady who passed by asked me, "Don't you feel hot in the sun?" "You don't feel it when you enjoy the beautiful scene." I responded with a smile. Overall, I like both the process and product of today's work.


1 comment:

  1. Weimin, that is just beautiful. I haven't been on your blog for awhile. I wouldn't have thought your painting skills could much improve but they have! Great work.

    ReplyDelete