Friday, December 20, 2013

En Plein Air: Water Tank One on Audley Street, Kew Gardens, NY

 
It was warmer today. So I pulled my painting kit walking toward a busy shopping street  near where I lived. I found the spot a few days ago. However, when I got there this morning, the view, mainly the lighting, was not as good as what I saw in the afternoon several days ago. Therefore, I decided to paint something else for now. I turned into Audley St. and there loomed the huge water tank on top of the hill. With the slope, it looked good, so I decided to paint it in the morning sun. Shortly after I began, I saw two or three guys waving to me smilingly across from the street near the tank. They came over and told me that they were going to tear down this tank, one of the oldest in the region, if not in New York City. Obviously they were from the water company. I responded with a smile, "Hope not today." They said not today. I said, "Then, it seems I caught it in my painting just in time." They nodded yes.


1 comment: