Sunday, December 8, 2013

En Plein Air: Before the Snowfall (Forest Park. Oil 9 x 12)

 
The rain finally stopped today and I didn't have to simply stay home watching out of the window. So, after lunch, I quickly pulled my painting kit and walked toward the park. I didn't have plans in my mind but just search for paintable views as I was walking. I knew I must find something to paint, or I would not have enough time to finish the painting given the short daytime in New York. I was about to leave the path and think of going to paint the street when I noticed the winding trail cutting through the woods and the long empty green garden bench on the roadside stood out in contrast with the orange brown fallen leaves but also blended well with the whole atmosphere. Good thing there were many benches along the trail. Therefore, I made my decision and lost no time setting up to paint. I completed it in not quite two hours before it began powdering snow.


1 comment: