Sunday, September 9, 2012

What a Wonderful Day! (Fort Myers Yacht Basin)



 
This scene was actually selected yesterday. After I was done with the downtown painting yesterday, I drove around that area and then walked over to the yachts. As soon as I came to the spot, I decided to paint it the next day. It was so beautiful wth the ideal water color. Today when I went there, it was pretty windy. I had problem with keeping the umbrella straight. Finally I had to do without the umbrella. It was OK since it was kind of cloudy. The sun didn't bother me while painting.
 
I love the scene with those small boats docked against the backgound of the Edison Bridges. Since it was so windy, I had to focused on the large messes, so the picture looks looser that usual. Maybe less is better than more. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment