Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Morning in Downtown Fort Myers


 
I got up early this morning. By the time I arrived at Downtown Fort Myers, it was still pretty early. The sun light touched only the top part of the buildings across the street and my side was still totally in shade. I set up at the corner of First St. and Hendry St., in front of the First Natonal Bank. The flier box at its entrance served well as my water bottle table. I didn't even know the name of the restaurant across from me but it opened pretty early. The waitress came to open the door and smiled to me, saying, "You've made my morning." Pretty soon she took out the umbrellas and open them over the tables on the sidewalk, adding a lot of color to my picture.
 
The picture took two hours and a half. I made an effort to hold up the tone because the sun was rising and its shining angle changed fast; so did the shaded area. Therefore, I stuck the lighting the way when I began and, as I was painting, I consciously kept in mind the street I saw in the beginning. I painted things first that would soon change  with the sun. It was a good thing to paint it in the small sizeof  8 x 11. Hope you like thee picture.

1 comment: