Friday, September 14, 2012

Metro Extension Bridge under Construction


This morning after I was done with Florence's protrait, I went to Alico Road to paint  Highway Metro Extension Bridge. I planned to paint this scene a week ago when I saw it driving on Alico. I was impressed by the magnitude  of the bridge size, especially it curves its way in the air over Alico. There was very little traffic on Alico. The cars and trucks under the bridge were the construction workers vehicles.  

 I exited Alico into a small winding road and circled around, inadverdently arriving at one end of the space under the bridge with some huge lifters and mobile bathrooms. I liked the contrast between the shaded gound under the bridge and the strong sunshine out in the open.  Line and shape play an important role in its composition. I liked its balanc in value with the large messes of darkness. Hope you like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment