Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spanish Revival (Hendry Co. Courthouse)

It was planned to paint it last weekend, but because of the old barn painting, it was postponed till today. Actually I had been looking forward to doing this lanscape for quite some time with my passion for stylish Mediterranean architectures. Before I went there, I had only one concern. I always hate to paint landmark for its own sake and the painting ends up like an illustration in a tourist brochure. I'd like to see landmarks in their natural state, that is, mingled with something else naturally instead of like the only thing left after an earthquake. You know what I mean. When I got there, I was so happy to see the beautiful oaks by side of the building and they shaded part of it from the morning sun. At the same time, they also let it have some bright spots through the cracks in the foliage, that added variety to the view. I parked my car at the Chamber of Commerce and began to walk around the intersection to find the best view. In the end, I went across and painted it from the parking lot of a bank (Gosh, I forgot its name). Hope you like the painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment