Tuesday, October 18, 2016

En Plein Air: Roadside Scene (Oil, 9 x 12)



Last week when I was on my way back home from painting at the Owl Creek Boatyard, I saw this scene and I told myself that I would come back to paint it. It was a very common scene in this area of southwestern Florida. The country road was called N. River Rd and it ran along the Caloosahatchee on its northern side. There was a canal by the road. If you drive on this road, you would see cattle or horse farms one after another. You could also see the cow fences everywhere to mark the boundaries of the farms. One thing I liked the area was the big sky. When I finished the painting this morning, I noticed the autumn clouds in the sky. And you bet I would be back to paint the clouds there someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment