Monday, October 10, 2016

En Plein Air: Painting the Hull (Oil, 9 x 12)


What a great day this morning! It was not hot or humid. I was thinking of painting figures in the environment, so I decided to go to the Owl Creek Boatyard and try my luck there. It seemed they had very good business. There were quite a number of boats lifted from the ground to be fixed. I saw Cow Boy was working on a boat named Andrea Clair. He was on and off painting the bilge of the hull. When he was painting, he went back and forth between the two side. Therefore, I had to be very flexible. Whenever he was not on the side where I was painting, I switched to paint the boat and background and would not resume painting him till he was back. This is the second time I painted him. His co-workers joked him around saying he became famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment