Monday, October 31, 2016

Alla Prima Portrait: Arvel (Oil, 20 x 16)


This was really a quick sketch. It took only an hour and a half. Arvel was a resident at the Winkler Court Nursing Home. I believe I painted him before. He was very sedentary. I asked my friend Kirsten by E-mail yesterday if I could go there to paint someone. Kirsten said t it was better for me to go there in the afternoon instead of in the morning because she was on duty late today. So when I got there, Kirsten happened to be monitoring the Halloween party of the nursing home residents. Interestingly, those elderlies were like children and enjoyed the party time with candies and cake, music and costumes. When Kirsten saw me, she let a nurse push Arvel's wheelchair to the corner where I was standing. Therefore, right at their activity room, I set up in the corner while the whole crowd was still having the party with loud music and calling out names of the winners of the Halloween costume competition. It didn't bother me at all. I don't know it is good or bad, but when I am painting, I don't hear anything even in a rowdy environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment