Tuesday, January 6, 2015

En Plein Air: Morning at Michael's Farm (Oil 9 x 14) and Sketch of Dentist's Patient

I had a dentist's appointment at 11:50 AM this morning for teeth cleaning, so I knew I'd better hurry if I wanted to paint outside as usual. I didn't want to go too far and was thinking of going to my friends the McIntosh's farm to paint as I was driving. When I was nearing my destination, I slowed down my car, being attracted to a horse stable which was, behind a fence, shining in the morning sun against a dark background. It was Michael's farm. I remembered Michael and I briefly talked to each other once before. Upon seeing me, Michael came to greet me. I immediately changed my mind and wanted to paint the stable instead of going further to the McIntosh's. I asked him if I could go inside his farm to paint. He was very friendly and invited me to paint inside. Therefore, I made this plein air painting. My sole purpose in this painting was to accurately reflect the value relationships and I think I got it.


It took two hours and a half and I saved myself enough time for the dentist appointment. 
At the dentist's office, right before I was told to go to one of the dentist treatment rooms, I just had enough time to catch a sketch of a 90-year-old patient in the waiting room.


No comments:

Post a Comment