Tuesday, January 20, 2015

En Plein Air: John Deer (Oil 9 x 14)

It was cloudy today. I usually didn't like weathers like this. The overcast sky made me feel the same inside. It didn't clear up even after lunch. I tried to get rid of the moodiness so I decided to paint in the afternoon. I went to the "Fresh Produce" Farmer's Market on Palm Beach Blvd. I knew quite a few of its farm hands. I met Paul and Tommy there. They were very nice as always. Tommy told me that he would move any farm machines the way I wanted. I really appreciated his offer but told him to simply leave them as they were. I saw the John Deer and a truck parked there on roadside, almost at a right angle. I set up immediately. It was a rare occasion in my plein air experience that I didn't open my umbrella, not even wear my straw hat. I had on only a visor. It took only an hour and forty minutes. I felt better after the painting was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment