Tuesday, January 27, 2015

En Plein Air: Lane's Horse Trailer (Oil 12 x 12)

I went this morning to Lane's farm. Lane is a friend I made yesterday at Michael's place. As a matter of fact, they are neighbors next to each other. Lane has a bigger farm and stable. He is now building another brand new stable now. A horseshoer was working on his horses when I got there. Unfortunately, he was leaving soon, just in 15 minutes. Otherwise, I would have painted him working on horses. He told me he would come again Tuesday week, so I was excited and planned to paint him in a week. Lane also told me he was building a covered bridge over the creek and asked me to go back and paint it.

The red horse trailer was right there a few yards from the stable, very eye-catching. I quickly decided to paint it even though there was a dung pile simmering nearby with light smoke going gracefully into the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment