Tuesday, July 15, 2014

En Plein Air: A Mansion in Forest Hills Gardens (oil, 9 x 12)

It was overcast this morning and was supposed to have rain, so I didn't want to go too far to paint just in case. I wandered around in Forest Hills Gardens for a while and decided to paint this mansion. I had a thing for architectures. In early years, I dreamed of being an architect/artist like Frank Lloyd Wright. Unfortunately, when I took the entrance examination for college, architecture major was not allowed to be mixed with liberal arts in China at that time. Nevertheless, my passion for architecture has always been there. I admire beautiful architectures, no matter whether they are residential homes or magnificent national halls. Forest Hills Gardens is full of beautiful mansions which are around 100 years old.


No comments:

Post a Comment