Sunday, March 30, 2014

Sketches: Images of Passengers Held Back Because of a Delayed Flight

I am back in Florida. However, the flight yesterday was an experience of some kind. I checked the departure time before getting on the way to airport. It said "On Time." Shortly after I got there, the time changed from 1 PM to 1:15 PM. And then it further changed to 2 PM and again to 2:25 PM. My son called asking if I wanted to go back home to wait. I appreciated it but decided to sketch people. I was happy, in a way, about the delay for I believe I got some breakthroughs in line of sketching. I kept searching for workable images and drawing them till it was time for boarding. Of course, there were quite unfinished ones which I didn't include here. You may also sense the mood changes in these images because of the delay.

By the time the plane was above this area, the captain informed the passengers that there was a severe thunder storm down there which prohibited the plane from landing. Therefore, we were hovering up there above this area like a "communist specter" [Karl Marx] for as long as a round trip to and back from Miami before I could throw myself to the ground to kiss the soil of Mother Russia. No, I mean Florida.

Arriving at the Airport

Two Female Passengers

The Pilot Announcing the Cause of Delay is Turbulence above New York. I Was Unable to Complete the Air-Hostess.

The Same Passenger in the First Sketch

A Pony-Tailed Geek with Eyes Looking Impatiently at the Departure Time Screen

A Muslim Passenger. At first I meant to draw his Daughter but She was soon out of Sight

Two Love Birds in Their Own World, not Caring about the Delay at All

f

1 comment: