Saturday, March 1, 2014

Plein Air Painting and Croquis Cafe Sketches


It is a gorgeous day today. It was so cool in the morning that I even wore a vest over the T-shirt. I loaded my car with painting kit and planned to paint the construction site at Exit 141 on I-75. Turning left on Palm Beach Blvd (SR 80), I was about to pick up speed when, from my eye corner, I saw a tool shack on a small alley with wild vines growing all the way to its roof top. It looked beautiful in the morning sun, so I decided to paint it instead of the heavy machinery on the road construction site. I made a U-turn at the nearest exit and went to the small alley which was named Lippincott Rd. and set up to paint.


Tool Shack in the Morning Sun
Oil, 9 x 12

Last night, before I went to bed, I did a few sketches from Croquis Cafe. Here are a few of what I did. If they look simple in line, chances are they are 1-minutes. If there are more details in a sketch, then it must be a 2-minute of 5-minute.








1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the 'shout out' ! We love to see people using our resources. We have a 'Croquis Cafe' page on Facebook and we'd like to post your sketches along with the inspiration art. Keep up the great blogging and sketching.
    Sharyn & Larry Withers
    On Air Video
    www.OnAirVIdeo.com

    ReplyDelete