Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sketch Drawings at Naples' Open-Air Concert: Americana

My wife and I went today to Naples, FL for an open-air concert which was presented by the Cultural and Performing Arts Center (CAPA). Americana was a great concert. It introduced various cultural fabrics that have been knitted together to form the richness of American music, including Jazz, Blue Grass, Gospel, Country West, etc. I grabbed a few sketch drawings there. The figures are about some audience and young volunteers. The following are four of the sketches. I apologize for putting in the wrong date.









2 comments:

  1. I really like these drawings. They seem to be interested in the music most of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cathy, for your appreciation. Actually, I always enjoy sketching to challenge myself. Almost in every situation there is something unpredictable and needs you to make decision or choice in a split second: your subject may change posture or someone else gets in your way, etc. The pressure would naturally guide you to select and grab the most important and let go trivial stuff.

    ReplyDelete