Tuesday, March 22, 2016

En Plein Air: Early Fisherman (Oil, 9 x 12)

Somehow I woke up pretty early this morning. It was still dark outside. I always wanted to paint around the daybreak to challenge myself because I knew the lighting and color were changing every minute. So today it was the time. I rushed through my breakfast and hopped into the car. It was chilly. The temperature was in low 50s. By the time I was on the road, the day was just breaking. I didn't know where I should go but it was clear that I must find a spot as soon as possible. Shortly after I turned onto Joel Blvd., I noticed the sunlight shone through the leaves in a small park on my right. It was Charlie R Matheny Park with only a pond and a small island in it. I made a U-turn and rushed to set up.

As I was painting and the sky was lighting, I saw a red pickup pulled into the park which I had to myself till then. I saw an old man in a red life vest coming out of the vehicle. He pulled a red kayak from the pickup and put it on a two-wheel carrier. He pushed the vessel to the boat ramp on the other side of the parking lot. We greeted each other. It amused me that there was another crazy old man in the world like myself. So when he rowed to the middle of the pond, I added him to my picture.

It just became fully daylight when i was back on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment