Saturday, July 18, 2015

En Plein Air: Slope in the Park (Oil, 9 x 12)

It is the first time this summer that I have ever been caught in the rain. The weatherman didn't mention any rain for today in his forecast, so I went out early this morning. The painting is a trail in Forest Park bordering the street. The slope went up alongside Park Lane S. with quite a few cars parking on the roadside as always. On hearing thunders rumbling, I began to rush the process. I was almost done when it poured down. Fortunately, I had enough time to put away the painting. I ran to shelter myself from a big tree nearby, leaving the kit in the rain. I knew it was not safe to stand under big trees during thunder storm but just wanted to take the chance with so many big trees around. When the rain became less heavy, I went to collect my things and headed home. I was soaked through by the time I got home. with a few finishing touches, I can present my plein air work today. That is a comfort, considering what I have experienced today.


No comments:

Post a Comment