Wednesday, July 15, 2015

En Plein Air: Maple Grove Cemetery II (Oil, 12 x 9)

I took a chance on the weather this afternoon. The temperature was not bad, but the air very stuffy. It felt misty and there were already people in street walking with umbrellas open. I didn't want to go too far from home, so I went to Maple Grove Cemetery again. It was always very quiet there. I saw a car parked on its winding road. From a distance, I saw three women came out with bouquets of flowers. I could not see their faces but obviously one of them was an elderly because the other two held her arms as they walked toward a grave. I suddenly felt they were forming a beautiful picture and thought to myself that maybe someday I would make a painting of the view.

It didn't rain and I made a quick sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment