Tuesday, April 14, 2015

En Plein Air: Sweet Madeline's Honey House (Oil, 9 x 12)

I drove along Tuckhoe Rd. west-bound this morning till it intercepted with Packinghouse Rd. I made a right turn onto Packinghouse which was still paved, but it was not in the opposite direction. Shortly after I was on Packinghouse, I noticed a two-story wooden building with staircase on the outside, very eye-catching in the sun. There was a warning sign at the gate about bee stinging. Out of curiosity, I drove in. There were a couple standing there. I asked them if I could paint there. The guy said they were not the owner but he was sure the owner would not mind and he would be there in no time. It was true, Robert, the owner, was very hospitable. So was his brother-in-law Lane. After I painted for a while, Lane said to me, "Why don't you take a break and let me show you our donkeys and chicken." So I hopped into his truck and we drove deep into the farm. There was a big chicken coop with more than two dozens of hens there. We didn't see donkeys. I said maybe next time they would come out when I came to paint them.


No comments:

Post a Comment