Sunday, March 8, 2015

En Plein Air: A Camouflaged Small Boat (Oil on Canvas, 12 x 16)

I meant to go to River Haven Farm, my friends the Lewis's place to paint this morning. When I was on Baisey Rd., I noticed,  intercepted with it, a small lane with a NO Outlet sign. Just out of curiosity, I made a left turn onto the lane. Right after I did that,  there was a street  named Carbotana Dr. immediately on its right. It turned out to be a very beautiful and quiet neighborhood on the Caloosahatchee River. Almost every family there had a boat dock in a canal which led to the river. I saw a camouflaged small boat right in the shadow of a big tree.

While I was painting,  I met some very friendly people living there. A Canadian snowbird was walking his dog. He complimented me on the painting. Later a lady named Emily came with her boy Chase to see me paint. He was a cute curly-hair boy, suitable for portrait painting.


No comments:

Post a Comment