Sunday, March 1, 2015

En Plein Air: Angler Fisherman Frank (Oil 12 x 12)

The weatherman said it was going to rain this afternoon, so I decided to go out to paint in the morning. First I went to the Veteran Park. Maybe it was still too early; besides some joggers, there were very few people. I didn't see anything of the scenery that was worth painting, either. Therefore, I went on to Harns Marsh, remembering there was a Marsh Festival this weekend.

When I saw Frank was squatting by the water holding his fishing pole, I stopped my car nearby and walked over. Being a little diplomatic, I said to him, "Would it be better if you have a stool to sit on than squatting like this?" He smiled and said "Of course." So I offered to loan him my camping stool from the trunk. Frank asked, "How about yourself?" I told him that I was not there to fish and that if he didn't mind, I was going to paint him. The painting took only an hour.


1 comment: