Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Plein Air Sketches in Oil and Ink

I went to Lane and Debbie's horse farm this morning, knowing the horseshoer Ray was coming this morning. I thought he would do what he did last week, something I would call horse pedicure, that is, instead of putting on shoes, he did only trimming to their hoofs, which would not take long enough to keep Ray staying in one position for me to paint. Therefore, when I got there, before Ray came, I started painting a horse in the stable eating breakfast. However, I didn't know that Ray was coming to replace their shoes till it was too late for me to move. I got only enough time to do two ink sketches of him working on horses.

Later, Lane sat in the sun for me to sketch his portrait. Interestingly, it was so comfortable sitting in the sun this morning that it was really difficult for him to keep his eyes open.

Morning at Horse Farm
Oil, 8 x 11

Texan Cowboy Lane
Oil, 21 x 15

Horseshoer Ray

Horsesher Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment