Monday, February 2, 2015

Plein air Oil Sketches: Cowgirl Debbie and Lane's Tool Shack

We agreed that I went to Lane's farm to paint Debbie, Truitt's mother this afternoon. When I got there, Truitt said they were not home yet. I didn't want to wait there doing nothing, so I decided to paint Lane's tool shack with a small tractor in front of it. It seemed the tractor was used to pull a mower. I set the timer for one hour and started right away. Shortly after I began, it got windy and rain began to fall. I got an umbrella from the trunk to cover my easel. When it got heavier, I had to stop and went inside. Lane and Debbie was just in time to be home before it began to pour. In about 10 minutes, the rain stopped as abruptly as it started. I went out to continue the oil sketch. I stopped painting when the timer went off. Therefore, the sketch took not even an hour.



When I finished the tool shack, Debbie asked where I was going to paint her. I asked her to take a chair and sit  near the tool shack. Her portrait took about two hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment