Wednesday, February 11, 2015

En Plein Air: Fixing the Hay Stacker (Oil, 10 x 12)

After reading the whole morning, I needed a break, so I drove to AC Moore this afternoon to get some paints. On my way home I took Buckingham Road and stopped at Meloy Hay Company. I liked this out-spread place with lots of agricultural machinery. I painted there before. When I saw an old guy named David working on a truck-like machine, I went up and asked, "Do you remember me?" David looked at me and smiled, "I surely remember you." Then I said, "Do you mind if I paint you working there. You just work as usual and don't mind i being there. I won't be in your way." He said OK and told me it was a hay stacker he was fixing. The machine had been almost stripped to the bones. David explained that he was the only person there who knew how to fix the machine. There were dismantled parts everywhere. At first, I tried to paint him lying on the ground under the machine, but he didn't stay in the pose for long, so I had to scrape what I did and paint him standing there.


No comments:

Post a Comment