Friday, February 13, 2015

Alla Prima Oil Sketch: Farmer Tommy (21 x 15)

This afternoon, I went to Fresh Produce Farmers Market on Highway 80 (Palm Beach Blvd). My friend Tommy happened to be there managing the sale. I knew how he worked there. Usually he sat on the side watching everything, that is, the produce sale under the tent, farm workers in the field picking and transporting veggies to the tent, customers coming and going, etc. If he had to take a close look, he would stand up and walk over to the spot of problem. Otherwise, he just sat there keeping an eye on everything. Therefore, I offered to paint him sitting in the sun and he agreed. I told him that if he needed to break the process, that was fine with me. I also gave him breaks even if he didn't need to leave. The painting took altogether two hours. Tommy said he liked his portrait.


No comments:

Post a Comment