Monday, December 8, 2014

Today's Sketches and Introduction to Contemporary Chinese-American Virtuoso Zhaoming Wu

It was too freezing cold today to paint outside. I went to MET this afternoon to conduct my regular worship service. As a pantheist of art appreciation, there are so many of my gods to worship at MET. 

On F train I happened to draw two Muslin ladies. One of them seemed to belong to the orthodox denomination because she wore the kind of robe which covered her from head to toe and reminded me of Shahrazad, leaving only a slit for her eyes. When I got off at Lexington Ave. The lady got off, too. She came after me, calling from behind, "Excuse me, sir." "Uh oh," I thought to myself, "I am in trouble now. Did I offend her or violate her religion by drawing her?" Fortunately, what she wanted was asking me to let her take picture of my sketch with her cell phone. I felt relieved and was more than happy to let her do that. Even though I could not see her face, but she had a beautiful voice and spoke standard English.

Two Passengers on Subway

Two Girls on Subway

Fumbling Cellphone on Subway


Introducing Contemporary American Virtuoso Zhaoming Wu


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crxFfacTyoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFDlDbg-HIU










No comments:

Post a Comment