Thursday, December 11, 2014

Alla Prima: Central Park Scavenger (Oil, 9 x 12)

It is cold today in New York and had snow in the morning. This snowbird is ready to fly south. However, there was  in my pochade box still some leftover paint which I hated to see wasted. So I decided to play with color this morning. From the morgue I selected a photo I took last summer at the Central Park and made this painting to serve the purpose of practicing some techniques.


I went to Forest Hills Library to check out some books. There are always some Russian chess players playing at the reading room tables. I heard some library goers complain because sometimes they took all the six reading tables for them to play chess. Some of them made loud noise. I have never heard them speak English, always Russian.






No comments:

Post a Comment