Wednesday, December 3, 2014

En Plein Air: A Chilly Wet and Depressing Day (Oil, 12 x 9)

It was not very cold in the morning and temperature was in mid-40s. However, maybe because of the rain last night, both the precipitation and humidity were high. I went to the Church-in-the-Gardens again. The church to me has, sort of, become something like the Rouen Cathedral to Claude Monet. Mainly for today, I didn't want to go too far from home since it was kind of late when I decided to go out to paint. Besides, the weather conditions and the angle were very different from what I did before. Shortly after I set up, it got more and more overcast and darker. Moreover, it began to drizzle and the temperature felt chillier than before. For all these reasons, I decided to paint the church again.


No comments:

Post a Comment