Monday, April 28, 2014

En Plein Air: Monday Morning at Gulf Coast Town Center (oil, 10 x 8)


Like usual, it was quiet and slow on Mondays at mall, especially in the morning. When I got there, I saw only clerks and workers busying themselves with preparation for business to open. Maybe you have guessed where I stood. Yes, it is the entrance to Dick's Sports Goods. I fortunately set up under the corridor cover with a huge column which happened to block the sun from my eyes. The green cover for customers in the open-air is Aurelio's Pizza. I forgot the name of the bar in front ground. Toward the end of my painting, a mother and her child came to sit outside. I added them to the picture. It took me longer than usually because it was difficult to handle values of objects with the shining sun in the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment