Friday, April 11, 2014

En Plein Air: Alison and Beatrice's House (Oil on canvased panel, 11 x 15)

 I went to bucolic Tuckahoe Road again this morning and, as planned,  I painted Alison and Beatrice's house, which their brother Ray told me was built in 1910 by their grandfather. I like the rustic simpleness of the house. In order to break the straight line of the highway, I added in the picture half of my car on the road shoulder.

The whole family came out to watch me paint. To honor Beatrice's request, I added her kitten in front of the house though it was too small to see clearly. They told me that down the trail by their house, there was another rustic house in which a guy named Wakefield lived. The name immediately reminded me of Oliver Goldsmith's the Vicar of Wakefield. Should I meet Dr. Primrose and his family down the road? I laughed to myself. I love to paint this area. I definitely will come again and again to paint horses, Beatrice's 20-year-old pick-up with body and trunk different in color, and many many more. While I was painting, I finally met Roger and his wife Amy who happened to drive by. They stopped to watch and we introduced each other. They did mention that Burdie left a voicemail on their phone about me. They invited me to paint their farm and assured me that the two dogs just looked fierce but would not attack people. I met quite a few friendly folks there. A guy driving a truck with a horse trailer asked me for my card. I guess I have found wonderful topics to paint in that area.


No comments:

Post a Comment