Saturday, January 4, 2014

Sketches: Images from Performing Arts Library and Subway

This afternoon I went to the New York Public Library for Performing Arts next to Lincoln Center to see cartoonist Al Hirschfelt's Exhibition. I am sure many of you are familiar with his artworks or even grew up with them.  To refresh your memory, you may open the following link:

https://www.google.com/search?q=al+hirschfeld&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=m6PIUs6qN8zfsAS_kYGoDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1138&bih=543

I also stopped by at their reading room and made a sketch of a young female reader. On my way to and back from there, I, as usual, made sketches on subway. If there are two images on the sheet, they may be in the same scene or sit next to each other. I simply made use of paper by drawing them on the same sheet as I always did.

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment