Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Plein Air: May Day in New York



This is my first painting in New York in summer 2013.

When I was in Florida three days ago, it seemed that no one paid attention to the change of seasons. We were only sensitive to changes in temperature. However, in New York you feel the impact of the change on human beings. Nature reminds you of its changes so powerfully through all your senses that there is no way you can't see it, smell it, or touch it.

The location of the sketch is at the intersection of Austin St. and 82 Rd, Kew Garden, Queens. Yesterday, my wife and I went to Kew Garden Cinema to see the French movie Renoir. On our way back home, I was impressed by the contrast between the budding leaves in the sun and the dark value of the shaded side of the houses. So this afternoon I decided to come to do the painting. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment