Sunday, November 16, 2014

New Yorkers

This afternoon, my wife and I went to the Frick Collection, the museum part of which was mainly Henry Clay Frick's personal collection. I was shocked to find there a great number of important works by the greatest artists in history, such as Vermeer, Rembrandt, Titian, Holbein, Turner, Constable, Satgent, Monet, etc. to name a few. As usual, I made some sketches on subway except one which is a beggar on the street corner of Lexington Ave. Right before we stepped into the subway station, my wife got a phone call from our daughter, so she stayed on the street corner to talk to her instead of entering the subway because of Wi-Fi. While she was on the phone, I saw a beggar across the street. Therefore,  I made the sketch.







No comments:

Post a Comment