Friday, August 8, 2014

En Plein Air: Artist Penny Painting Plein Air (Oil 12 x 16)

This morning I went to Harns Marsh with artist Penny and her husband Jon. Jon is a good photographer and took quite a few beautiful pictures of water birds. I longed for painting figures in the sun, so when I got there and saw Penny had already set up on the roadside, I decided to paint her working in the sun. We went there real early, so by the time I was finished, the temperature was not that bad. The sketch took about two hours.


2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Penny Fox We had a hot hot morning, but the scenery was breathtaking! My husband, Jon walks every morning so he walked the first half hour we painted. He found Wood Storks and other birds. Mo is a great artist and if you ever get a chance to plein air paint with him you will get good comments and see great painting from him......Thanks, Mo, that was fun. We are going to paint again next Friday am...7:30am!.....if anyone wants to join us. Bring your hiking gear. We plan to walk further down the trail and around the bend of the water....bring a cart for your gear! I will post more of our pix on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Penny, for the comment.

    ReplyDelete