Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweetwater Landing

Home Away from Home
 
 
The place is called Sweetwater Landing, a boatyard on SR-31, Fort Myers. When I was painting this view, the owner of a fancy boat nearby came to me. As he saw me paint this small boat instead of his fancy one, he was disappointed. I felt sorry for him, but he didn't understand painting was a personal thing to me. It is my whisper with nature, sometimes, telling my attitude about life. At that moment, I was thinking of English writer Jerome K. Jerome's famous quote:

“Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.”

 

2 comments: