Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Drawing: A Senior Citizen at Waiting Room
 
 
 
 
 
I got a blood-shot eye for a week and was unable to go out to paint. Vision or Redness Relief didn't helped at all, so I had to go to Eye Center to see doctor. The doctor asked me what medication I took and whether I had somehow strained my muscles. I take baby aspirin everyday and had been working on my guerilla easel, off course, using drill and other tools. That's it! I was told these two things combined had cause a blood vessel to pop in the eye. No big deal, the blood will be slowly absorbed by my body. The doctor gave me a few drops to stop the bleeding and told me that my eyeball would turn yellowish in a few days. But there is no need to worry. It would go back to its normal color. That's good. And I am glad my eyes were not born green in color. Otherwise I might get a nickname and people would call me "traffic lights." Oops. The doctor's visit has to be added to the cost of my guerilla easel, I guess. While waiting for the doctor, I snatched the above sketch. Hope you like it.
 
 
 
Since I was unable to go out to paint, I started a new business, making counterfeit Greek antiques to help our economy. I hope you would help me and invest in my business. I would tell prospective customers that the piece in the picture has just been unearthed in Heraklion, Crete, dated 2nd millenium BC.
 
"Get out of here!" I heard you say. OK, not. Now the true story. Before I left New York at the beginning of the month, my son Aaron and his fiancee Andrea cooked a great seafood dinner for me. I told them not to throw away the scallop shells, so they wrapped them up for me to bring home. I let them stay in bleach solution for a few days and rinse them. I put a small grindstone in the drill and ground the edge to make it more smooth and regular (maybe that was why my eye stayed in red color). Then I got online to find a simple Greek vase design and a pattern, used thousand-year-old acrylic paints to make this counterfeit. Next, I am going to Walmart to buy an adhesive hook to stick it to its back to hang on the wall. Now that everything is finished, of course, I have to insure it before I can find a customer who is will to buy. You may have the pleasure to take a peep first. Hope you like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment