Saturday, September 2, 2017

En Plein Air: Park Lane South (Oil, 12 x 9)


A week ago, on Saturday when I was sketching, I saw many people in all age groups come out to enjoy the beautiful weather. On the lawn of the Forest Park, they were doing all kinds of activities: chatting, sun bathing, picnicking, baseball playing, dog walking, kite flying, you name it. Besides, there were Muslims, Jews and other minorities who were dressed in colorful traditional costumes. I was excited and told myself that I would come to paint figures the next Saturday. Unfortunately, it was cloudy today and there were not many people on the lawn. I finally saw a man sitting on the bench. Believing he would sit there for a while, I rushed to set up. However, barely before I got everything ready, the man stood up and took off. Unwillingly, I put things back in the bag and began to go deep into the woods. The trail happened to be parallel to Park Lane South outside the park. Suddenly I realized that there was a spot on Park Lane South where I had painted a snowy landscape. So I went off the trail and got to the place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment