Friday, August 11, 2017

En Plein Air: The Reserved Parking Lot at FSW State College (Acrylic 9 x 12)


I went this morning with the Lee Plein Air Artists Group to Florida Southwestern State College (Edison College) to paint. I was there only once and didn't remember what the campus looked like. One thing I knew before going there was the fact that I would see quite a few modern office buildings there. It is my belief that no matter where you are, you can always find something that is worth painting. To me, beauty in representational art is simply a magic combination of art elements like shapes, lines, and dots, and/or harmonious unity of colors. That is why usually I don't go very far from home to paint en plein air. However, today I painted a few cars at the campus reserved parking lot. It was not that I could not find interesting views to paint. The problem was that I could not find a right spot where I could set up to paint.

At the parking lot, I was first attracted by the yellow jeep. Then I realized that there was a variety of different shapes in the view and I also see a rhythm in the combination. That is why I decided to paint the scene at the parking lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment