Friday, August 4, 2017

En Plein Air: The Interior of the Congregational Church (Acrylic 20 x 16)


The weather forecast said there was high humidity today, so I hesitated to paint outdoors. Finally, I decided to paint portraits indoors. I took it for granted that I was able to find models at the Congregational Church. However, to my surprise, when I got there, the parking lot was packed full. People got out from their vehicles large shopping carts. I was wondering why there were so many people.

When I got inside, I realized that I would not be able to find a model for my portrait painting because all the volunteers were busy passing out food. Half of the meeting room was piled with boxes of all kinds of food. Now I understood why there was such a crowd this morning. Unlike the food pantries previous weekend, today there was such a variety of food categories that I saw a small mountain of watermelons. No wonder people brought with them large shopping carts. Pastor Deb was very thoughtful. Since the line was too long for people to stand in the sun, she asked them to come inside and sat in the hall of the church waiting for their turns. Based on the situation, I decided to paint the interior of the church instead of portraits.

1 comment: