Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Alla Prima Portrait: Donna (Acrylic, 18 x 10)


It is hot and humid today. After I looked at the temperature, I hesitated to go out to paint en plein air. Therefore, at 9 PM, I called the pastor of the First Community Congregational Church to see whether I could find someone to paint indoors. The pastor's response was Yes and there were quite a few volunteers working there. Therefore, I loaded the kit in the car and hit the road. 

When I got there it seemed everyone was busy. I saw Donna, one of the volunteers, sitting aside in the hall. I noticed she had a bandage wrapped around the ankle of her right foot I didn't paint it). Obviously, she was injured. There were three grandchildren with her. I went over and offered to paint her. Sher hesitated a bit and agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment