Wednesday, December 23, 2015

En Plein Air: Puritan Ave. (Oil, 12 x 9)

I didn't go out to paint yesterday because it rained the whole day. Today I was thinking of going out but it intermittently sprinkled again in the morning. After lunch I told myself that I needed to take a chance, so I pulled my kit across the street. I didn't go far before I noticed two houses on hillside. They were very different in style. I set up on the sidewalk not far from the corner of Shorthill Rd. The drizzle began to fall shortly, but like in the morning, it was on and off. My sweater was not wet through. I simply ignored it even though my painting was covered with raindrops and there was water in my paintbox and easel. the situation only made me rush. The whole thing took not quite an hour and a half.


No comments:

Post a Comment