Wednesday, December 16, 2015

En Plein Air: A Busy Corner (Oil, 9 x 12)

Yesterday when I saw Queens Blvd. in the setting sun, I told myself that I must paint it. So I waited till 2 PM today before I left home for Queens Blvd. It was really a busy corner where Queens Blvd. and Kew Gardens Rd. forked in different directions. Besides Union Turnpike happened to cut across Queens Blvd, not quite a hundred yards away. You could feel the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple. This is really an authentic sketch which took only an hour and ten minutes. I set up behind a huge plant pot in front of the federal building, that is why the building doormen didn't see me till an hour later. When he saw me, he came over and told me that he would be in trouble with the building security if he let me stay there. I said I understood what he said and asked him for ten more minutes to wrap up. I like the sketch myself. I don't know why but all my good works are always completed in a time-pressing situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment