Thursday, September 3, 2015

En Plein Air: Bright Sunny Morning on Queens Blvd. (Oil, 12 x 9)

It was almost at the same spot as I did yesterday. I set up in front of Biu Bella Caffe on Queens Blvd before they opened to business for the day. I did the painting fast, around an hour and a half. By the time the waitress opened its door, I was wrapping up the sketch. My wife happened to stop on her way back home from the Tai Chi class. She took from behind the picture of me painting in the street .

An interesting anecdote occurred this morning. A father and his daughter passed by my easel. The father who was an art gallery owner stopped to talk to me. Neither of us noticed that his young daughter took out her coin purse till she claimed that she wanted to tip me. That made me almost double down with laughter. Maybe I did look like a starving artist.



This is my last painting before I go back to Florida. So Bye to my friends in NY and Hi to those in Florida. Hope the weather is mild down there and we can go out to paint together. I was pretty stingy with paint this morning because I needed to clean my pochade box and put it away for my next visit to NY.


No comments:

Post a Comment