Thursday, September 24, 2015

Alla Prima Portrait: David (Oil, 20 x 16)

David is a new member of our Portrait Studio Group, a soft-spoken gentleman, originally from Iowa. It happened that this morning our scheduled model didn't show up. After Trudy called him, we were told that the model had an emergency and was hospitalized. David was very nice and volunteered to sit for us all. It was an interesting piece of serendipity. The first time I saw him, I told myself that it would be nice if I could paint David, So overall, I enjoyed today's painting very much. I wish we had not asked him to pose without his glasses. Quite a few members thought it would be easier to handle if he didn't wear glasses and insisted this way. However, you could tell his eyes looked different.


No comments:

Post a Comment