Friday, May 29, 2015

Sketches: Oil and Ink

This afternoon, I went out to paint with two newly-made friends and young artists in New York. They were David and Ariel. When I was painting the Austin Ale House a week ago, They two happened to pass by. Without I knowing it, David made in his notebook a sketch of me painting there. You may find the sketch below. The whole thing was totally a stroke of serendipity. David's full name is David Ezra Stein. He is an established children picture book author and illustrator. He won 2011 Caldcott Honor Award. I happened to be a picture book researcher.

Today we agreed to paint/draw together at Forest Park. I did two really quick oil sketches of people on the lawns. Then we went to a pizzeria on the street corner of 116th St. and Metropolitan Blvd., sitting under the umbrella and sketching the pedestrians. It was fun. I made a sketch of Ariel there. The color sketch was about the houses across from my home. David did it a few days ago. He lives nearby.

Enjoying the Sunshine

Mother and Children

Ariel





Houses Across from the Street 
by David Ezra Stein

Mo Painting Plein Air
by David Ezra Stein

No comments:

Post a Comment