Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Plein Air in Oil: Our Lady of Mercy R. C. Church, Forest Hills, NY

Oil 12 x 9

What prompted me to paint this church this afternoon was the fact that I received an invitation this morning by French opera singer Alexia Carr for her performance in this church. I Googled the church's images and felt it would look good in a picture. 

If you have followed my blog posts, you should remember that I mentioned last month that when I was painting the arched entrance of Forest Gardens, a French leading opera singer stopped by and asked me for information of art supplies stores. That was Alexia Carr. At that time, she was in this country only for a few days. She happened to be a fine artist, too. If you scrolled down, you will see the church event post with her own painting on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment