Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Alla Prima Portrait: Mary (Acrylic, 20 x 16)



Mary is a resident at the Winkler Court Nursing Home. Yesterday, I called my friend Kirsten saying I would like to go and paint portrait there today. She told me to go there in the afternoon when she was working the late shift. I usually set up to paint in the hall, right in front of Mary's room, so I was familiar with her. At first, Kirsten arranged for a lady named Connie to sit for me. Somehow, Connie seemed to have changed her mind and didn't want to sit. Since in this section, residents more or less suffered from Altheimer. I was not really surprised when things like that happened. Therefore, Kirsten asked Mary to sit for me. She looked a little stern as she said herself that she didn't smile very often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment