Monday, November 2, 2015

En Plein Air: Hay Day ( Oil, 10 x 12)

It was my lucky day today. The climate seemed to have gone back a little and made you feel like summer was reluctant to bow out. I stopped by at a place on Highway 80 where I had recently painted a couple of times and decided not to paint it anymore when I thought of Meloy Hay Company. So I turned left onto Buckingham Rd.. When he saw me, Dave said he knew I was going to paint it because they had just finished their hay-making and the hay rolls were still in the field. I was excited to see hay rolls all over the place. I drove on the bumpy field and quickly chose my spot. The painting took a little than an hour. It was done mainly with palette knifes so it can be considered to be an impasto work.


No comments:

Post a Comment